Join us for the POCAHONTAS COUNTY HUNGER WALK this Sunday, Sept. 24th @ 2:00 p.m.
** All funds raised stay in Pocahontas County
** Funds help keep the UDMO Food Pantry stocked
** Funds are especially needed to purchase perishable foods, especially meat and dairy products
** In July, UDMO served 118 Pocahontas Co.households; in June, they served 150 households!
Please meet at Hope UMC by 1:45 p.m. this Sunday to register. To donate, have checks made payable to Hope UMC/UDMO Walk. Remember, every dollar helps, so go get pledges from your family and friends today!!
So grab some friends, some pledges, and some walking shoes and let’s step it up to help stock the UDMO pantry!
We “HOPE” to see you there!
Sunday, Pastor Tom Carver, our District Superintendent, shared a message on “The View from the Other Side.” It was a great reminder that there is always more than just one point of view to see things from… that’s why God gave us two eyes instead of just one!
Thanks for the perspective check, Pastor Tom! Let’s remember that we need to be Christ-like in our actions to everyone – – even those with different points of view from ours, just like Christ has been to each of us! Thank heavens He doesn’t give up on us when our perspective is different from His! Now that’s LOVE in action!
In our day and age of negative news, who can’t benefit from an inspirational pick-me-up? Check out this new resource from the United Methodist Church – – and you can subscribe for free!
United Methodist Now is a biweekly e-newsletter for church members to highlight examples of Christian living, share inspirational messages, and focus on what it means to be part of our connection.
Click to Subscribe!
So, let’s be sure to focus on the positives, and let’s help inspire each other! Has God laid someone on your heart that needs some inspiration? Has He asked you to make a quick call, take time for a short visit, or even simply jot a quick note? Let’s inspire each other to listen to God’s plan for us at Hope UMC. We can’t go wrong if we do!!
We “Hope” to see you Sunday at worship at 9:00 a.m!
Last Sunday, interim Pastor Kris shared that often churches get too complacent and comfortable with the status quo. This often tends to make us “less than willing” to step out and see what blessings God really does have in store for us. As our church goes through this transitional time, let us be sure not to miss the blessings that God has already shared:
- Our new Pastor Elijah – – obviously Satan is trying to derail the Word of God!
- Our interim Pastor Kris – – obviously God can always provide a temporary back-up plan!
- Our church family – – what a blessing it has been this summer to get to know our ENTIRE church family on a much better level! Isn’t it amazing how Satan can plant seeds of frustration while God can use those very seeds as a blessing! Is He good or what?!?
- Our current reality: We can either sit back and do nothing (Satan’s plan) or we can STEP OUT in faith and be the disciples that Christ has called us to be! Let’s rise to the challenge and be intentional on visiting our church family – – and not “PRESUME” that someone else will do it. Let us STEP OUT and listen to our family’s needs and concerns, and pray with and for them. Do you know who is missing among us? Have you taken time to call and let them know that they are missed? Jesus set the example with the parable of the Lost Coin, which is found in Luke 15:8–10. Are we being that diligent with our very own church members? Who is God laying on your heart to call and visit?
Together, if we are willing to follow God’s lead and listen to His plan, we will come out stronger and better. Now, that’s called stepping out in faith!
We “Hope” to see you this Sunday at 9:00 a.m. worship!
Remember that tomorrow, Sunday, Aug. 13th is Food Pantry Sunday.
Please help fill UDMO’s Food Pantry for those who need it. Especially needed items are:
Canned chicken, pancake mix & syrup, peanut butter, cake mix & frosting, and saltine crackers.
Thanks for caring and sharing!
Trust God in all things! Come join us as Pastor Kris Frank leads us in worship for the month of August. We “HOPE” you at worship at 9:00 in Pocahontas!
As August hits, and the back to school sales are in full swing, now is the time to stock up on supplies to help make school kits for the upcoming Ingathering kits.
The school kits provide tools for education which changes lives. In countries where children don’t have books, school supplies, or classrooms, a school kit may be their only educational resource.
During the Back to school sales, it is easier to s-t-r-e-t-c-h your dollars and get a LOT more school supplies, which means we can send more school kits to those who need them! Talk about a win-win!
So, below is the list of items you need to purchase. The items for the health kits are also listed below:
KIT CONTENTS – SAVE AND TAKE SHOPPING WITH YOU
SCHOOL KIT – (Value: $11.00 + $2 shipping)
- 3 Notebooks, approx. 8 1/2 x 11 (210 to 250 sheets total) – – use permanent marker to cover US flag
- 1 pair blunt-end scissors (metal blades)
- 1 hand-held pencil sharpener (1” or more)
- 1 30-cm metric ruler
- 6 unsharpened pencils with erasers
- 1 2 ½” or larger eraser
- 1 box of 24 (only 24) crayons, use permanent marker to cover US flag
- 1 14″x16″ cloth bag—Bags will be available
Place items sideways in bag and fold over top so loose items don’t fall out.
HEALTH KIT – (Value: $12.00 + $1 for toothpaste and $2 shipping)
- 1 new hand towel (15” x 25” up to 17” x 27”
- 1 new washcloth
- 1 large sturdy comb (not pocket-sized)
- 1 nail file or fingernail clippers – no emery boards or toenail clippers
- 1 bath-sized soap – in wrapper. No Ivory or Jergens soap
- 1 toothbrush – adult size only. Do not remove packaging
- 6 band aids – 3/4 inch
Put items in a zip-lock type plastic bag.
*Please give Melissa the money for toothpaste and shipping*
This list can also be found on the last page of the August 2017 Newsletter under the Newsletter tab. So let’s see how many kits we can send this year! Let’s get shopping!!