Pastor K’s new GGYB challenge
Okay, church family! During yesterday’s worship, Pastor K shared a second meaning he wants us to learn and work on. He is still committed to his GGYB = God’s Got Your Back (and so does he!!) acronym. But after praying and attending the Passion Conference, he is challenging us to accept a second GGYB = Go Get Your Bible!!
We cannot be thoroughly equipped to do God’s will if we don’t have His Word in our hearts and minds. He encouraged us to prioritize reading God’s word FIRST each day to make sure we are ready to do His will for each of us.
If you don’t know where to begin, please accept the challenge to read the Bible in one year! The following is a very well done plan that is easy to follow, and uses a variety of both Old and New Testament readings each day. For more info, keep reading:
If you are like many of us… trying to determine where to start in reading the bible can be a daunting task. If you are interested in reading the bible in a year, check out this great website One Year Bible Online.
This site is great because it has several great features:
- You can choose from multiple options of Bible versions (left side of the page) Do this step FIRST!
- You can choose to use The One Year® Bible daily reading plan. This consists of passages from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.
- You can choose to use The One Year® Chronological Bible reading plan. This contains the entire text of the bible arranged in the order the events actually occurred.
- You can pick your own START date, if you don’t begin on January 1st.
- You can even choose to LISTEN to your scriptures read to you.
This website provides a great and simple way to go through the Bible in one year! Would you like to join us in learning and reading God’s word with us? We would love to have you join us! Praying God has wonderful things in store for each of us in this new year!